I have a friend who told me I should never leave the house without earrings (I've given up on this one - sorry, Ruth). Another friend told me to never leave the house without mascara. This one, I've pretty much kept up with. It's the ONLY makeup that I actually wear most days. Truth is, I don't even ALWAYS follow this rule. BUT, If I AM going to wear makeup, it's mascara!
If you'd like to WIN some mascara from Boardwalk Beauty, please enter through the Rafflecopter at the bottom of this post. If you are reading this via email, you will need to click into the actual post to enter!
When I began my journey to living a more natural lifestyle, some things came easily. I quickly learned how to make my own lotion, lip balm, diaper cream, and deodorant. I also made some healing salves including my eucalyptus chest rub. I branched out to dishwasher detergent, laundry detergent, and soap. I even started selling some of these products in my online store!
But what was the one thing I had no desire to make? That's right, mascara! It seemed to be too confusing and messy. So, I just continued spreading this on my eyelashes most days.
One day, while perusing my local "natural mama's" Facebook group, I read about a lady who had just started making and selling natural mascara! Yes! This was my opportunity! I contacted her right away and got some mascara.
Boardwalk Beauty is a local (to me) business run by a fellow mom named Lauren. Everything she makes is all natural and handmade in small batches. The mascara is made to order since it doesn't contain any man made preservatives. She's also more than happy to adjust any of her products to suit your needs!
What I LOVED about working with Boardwalk Beauty and using her mascara:
- She fully discloses ALL ingredients. This is a big deal for me! I am an ingredient list reader (top to bottom). Not only did the mascara come with an ingredient list, she even told me where she purchased each ingredient and WHY each ingredient was in the mascara.
- Which leads us to the ingredient list: aloe vera gel, vitamin E, calcium bentonite clay, activated charcoal, cocoa powder.
- Even though it doesn't contain synthetic preservatives, it lasts 3-6 months. I've had mine for 4 months, and it's still good to go!
- Lauren has been super nice and helpful!
- Her packaging was minimal yet sufficient.
- The mascara has good coverage.
- The price is very comparable to other mascara on the market!
- It's handmade and ALL natural.
- It's not as thick as my old mascara, so I had to apply more than one coat. Sometimes, when switching to natural products there are just things that one must get over. For me, this is one of them. I did find that if I used my old brush, it helped some.
Other products from Boardwalk Beauty:
- Lip balm in tubes, tins, and pots (Lemon Dream, Lime Twist, Hammock Time, Coconut Creme, Pier Peppermint, Wild Honey, Mint Chocolate Chip)
- Bath salts (Hammock Time - Lavender, Cinnamon Bay, Pink Lemonade, Orange Creamsicle)
- Cinnamon Bay Bronzing Butter and Scrub (which leaves a glow)
- Daily facial cleanser with chia oil and raw honey.
How you can purchase Boardwalk Beauty products and get a discount:
I'm currently an affiliate for an awesome bundle sale that's going on. There are a few categories in particular that may interest you (see book covers below). Remember, you can get ALL of these ebooks (plus 59 more), eCourses (one is on essential oils) and bonus prizes for the low price of $29.97. For more information see this post!